• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Choline source - Alpha GPC Concerns

j123456

Greenlighter
Hey guys...brand new to this forum. Have learned so much and have spent many many hours on here researching lately.

I am a 23 year old male with a very highly intense mental workload in a very unique work-field. I take multi-vitamin, Rhodiola Rosea, Vitamin D, Garlic supplement, Omega 3-6-9 Fish Oil

Today I dosed 1600mg of Piracetam for the first time. (Plan on doing 2400mg tomorrow). As all of you know, you need a Choline source to avoid nasty headaches. I took 600mg of Alpha-GPC today but I read that it stimulates your Human Growth Hormone. I was wondering how all of you felt about that and what damage or bad things may happen due to that. It seems as if I can't find anyone discussing the negatives of this aspect of Alpha GPC. FWIW, it gave me a lot of energy today(pretty sure it was not the placebo effect). Would centrophexine or CDP choline be a safer thing for me(short term and long term)?

I'd love to hear thoughts and opinions on this matter. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks a lot! Love all the information here.

I think its safe. The biggest concern might be that its from soy, which some have issues with... and soy can exhibit undesirable effects... but I don't believe that in the amounts you'd be taking taking GPC that much of that potentially bad stuff will be in the mix. And often the bad doesn't occur...
I don't believe it OVER-boosts the production of HGH.
Positives in my experience (taken along with phosphatidylserine) outweigh any negative.
I recently started taking it again, and cleaned my place finally... its been a minute. Plus, I have a rather large, untreated hernia (soon that will change) that I've lived with since I was 12, and it had me really depressed lately until I started taking this stuff again. Now I barely notice it.

AGPC = overpriced as shit
/bias: I tend to feel that way about most noots. Although AGPC is probably the worst offender IMO.

Keep taking the other stuff you mentioned, and - of course, if it's legal for you - swap the noots for LOW-dose amphetamines. Oh, and if it's something you KNOW is safe for you, as well as legal ;P

((another idea worth looking into is just ditching the piracetam/choline approach, and loadin up on huperzineA (chinese club moss). It's an acetylcholinasterase inhibitor. Can't say *I* think it's too smart given potential "withdrawal/rebound/tolerance" in the brain, but if you're messing w/ noots anyways it may be worth a look fer ya ;) ))
/edit: I'm surprised I didn't see a heavy-strenght B-vit mix in there....